Vermont Tire’s Service department is growing. We are looking for a senior level mechanic. We work on everything but we are Vermont’s largest APR Performance dealer so Volkswagen and Audi Knowledge and certifications are a major plus as well as a love for auto performance.
Salary is hourly with commission based on experience.
90 River St
Montpelier, VT 05602-3721
a. Perform service operations that may include inspecting, diagnosing and completing repairs/replacements of automotive parts and accessories. These operations may include ignition systems, drivability issues, batteries, engine cooling systems, climate control, steering, suspension and alignment, exhaust, brakes and general preventative maintenance.
b. Communicate clearly with customers regarding needed repairs ensuring they understand service recommendations and are at ease with services to be performed.
c. Communicate service requirements and time expectations with sales and management staff to ensure a quality customer experience
d. Properly document customer service record with updated information on work performed and/or recommended.
e. Maintain a clean and visually pleasing shop work environment in alignment with Vermont Tire standards
f. Understand and follow federal, state and local regulations, such as those governing the disposal of hazardous wastes.
• Previous automotive mechanic experience required, ASE certification or Bosch Service a plus
• Must provide own tools
• Strong technical aptitude with problem solving ability
• Excellent customer service focus
• Professional demeanor, efficient and productive work habits
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of customers, management and staff.
• High school diploma or GED
• Valid driver’s license and good driving record required